What if I told you that people with pretty smiles lead happier, healthier lives?
It’s true. In fact, it’s backed by research!
Smiling can actually change the brain and trigger people to feel more happy because their smiling. Smiling can reduce stress-induced hormones, making us feel more relaxed and confident.
So, if you’re one of those people who hides their smile, you might just be negatively impacting your health!
Smiles are Transformative
According to researchers, a smile can have a transformative effect and can actually improve your life. A smile is so powerful, in fact, it can:
- Lower your heart rate. If you find yourself feeling anxious, smiling can return your heart rate to a normal level.
- Give you a natural high. Smiling releases endorphins, which can make you feel more positive.
- Make you more approachable. Studies show that others list a smile as the number one sign of approachability and friendliness.
- Boost your immune system. Smiling can increase your white blood cell count, which can help your body fight off illness.
- Be more successful. One study showed that 96% of the people in the study equated a healthy smile with increased confidence, personal and professional success.
- Increase your overall health. A healthy smile can keep your body health. Broken and damaged teeth can cause pain that can lead to infection and poor nutrition. Gum disease is linked to a host of serious conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and pre-term birth.
Smile With Confidence
If you have crooked or missing teeth, or a misaligned bite — it’s never too late to consider cosmetic dentistry options such as Invisalign or dental implants. These treatment options will give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of having, so that you are proud to show it off.
Remember, if you want to make improvements in your life and health, a great place to start is your smile. Schedule an appointment at THE SCIENCE OF SMILES® today and learn more about the power a healthy and beautiful smile can have on your life.
About THE SCIENCE OF SMILES®
THE SCIENCE OF SMILES® offers affordable cosmetic and laser dentistry and gentle, compassionate general dental care in Pasadena, CA. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At THE SCIENCE OF SMILES®, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures, complete dental reconstruction and TMJ/Headache management. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover affordable up-to-date dentistry and a team who truly cares at THE SCIENCE OF SMILES®.